Thursday, 28 May 2009

My Heart Leaps Up by Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky.
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

when Sam Riley (playing the character of Ian Curtis) quoted this Wordsworth`s poem in the movie Control, it felt a bit like time was hanging in the air. This is one of the only poems that really touches me and means something to me. It is easy to understand but not too obvious. This fear of growing up and losing your childhood`s sensibility follows me everyday.
Anton Corbijn succesfully managed to capture the intensity of such words with his magic touch.

If you haven`t seen Control yet, it is time for you to rent the DVD!! Even if you`re not a Joy Division fan, that`s a must-see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment