What a novelty to me to fall in such deep love with a Folk artist! More used to listen to (Post-)Punk and Garage, I "went off the rails" as soon as I heard the first note of one of his songs.
The main reason I got to know Gavin Clark is that he`s working a lot with Shane Meadows, my favourite film director by far!!! (http://www.shanemeadows.co.uk/) Shane is famous for depicting English society with an unbelievable realism... And Gavin`s songs always add a touch of dream and poetry to his films, especially black and white ones (24/7 and the recent Somers Town)!! I often found myself on the verge of tears when the final scenes came on the screen...
Gavin is now touring with his band, Unkle. His work is a bit difficult to find but he recently anounced the release of his first solo album for the summer 2009.
The best you can do is check by yourself!! Here is a bunch of useful links:
www.myspace.com/gavinclarke
http://www.somers-town.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment